This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting early stage startup experiencing hypergrowth in a white-hot segment of the cybersecurity space.
Cycode is a rapidly growing cybersecurity startup and creator of the world’s first complete software supply chain security solution. According to Gartner, software supply chain attacks (like the one that impacted Solarwinds) will affect 45% of organizations and grow three-fold by 2025. Unfortunately, traditional AppSec offers little protection against these devastating threats. That’s where Cycode comes in. Our platform provides customers with complete visibility, security, and integrity across all phases of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) — to prevent them from becoming the next Solarwinds.
Cycode was founded in 2019 and is backed by top venture capital firms YL Ventures and Insight Partners. We’ve received numerous awards and recognition including being named one of the top cybersecurity startups in the Cyber Defense Magazine Top 100 (2020), Accel 2021 Euroscape Top 100, Analytics Insight “Top Cybersecurity Companies to Watch in 2021”, winner of the 2021 Cyber Defender Award and finalist for the 2021 CISO Choice in Application Security.
We’re looking for a driven, entrepreneurial senior Security Researcher to join Cycode’s CTO team.
As a researcher and an engineer in the CTO team, you will identify and evaluate ideas for new offerings, conduct product and technical research, run experiments and validate market fit – while working closely with the product, engineering and strategy teams, as well as our customers.
You will join a dynamic and fast-paced team and be a central player in the company’s product design, development, marketing, and sales efforts.
You should apply if:
- You have an hands-on ability to develop POC’s based on research findings using different programming frameworks while working closely with development teams.
- You are an autodidact, team player, a curious and fast learner who is able to work independently in a less structured type of environment, with minimal supervision, and with great English proficiency.
- You are experienced in producing professional content, for internal or external consumption and presenting it through diverse channels (internal research documentation, external blogs, webinars, conferences, etc.).
Evaluating Product Ideas:
- Evaluating and developing ideas for new products and capabilities, sourced from across the company and customers.
- Working with users, partners, colleagues and experts to consider needs, technology, trends, competition and company strategy. Articulating the product hypothesis and constructing business cases.
Conducting Technological Research:
- Analyzing, researching, and deep-diving into technologies, tools and products, existing and emerging, in order to learn how they work and how they can be utilized to build novel solutions to user problems.
- Building Prototypes:
- Building product prototypes and technology demonstrators in order to test hypotheses, demonstrate feasibility, gather feedback and find market fit.
Collaborating with R&D:
- Partnering with product owners, engineers and function leaders – from ideation to realization – to ensure success and adoption of initiatives. Leading multi-disciplinary teams and joint task forces.
- Articulating visions, opportunities and risks; evangelizing peers and management; Communicating progress to stakeholders and leadership.
You should apply if you are:
- A Seasoned Software Engineer or Architect.
- You have rich experience writing software quickly and across multiple stacks and environments.
- You are well-versed in modern software development practices and are familiar with a wide variety of software technologies
- A Technologist and a Hacker.
- You love learning about new technologies and you’re curious about how things work under the hood
- Enjoy hacking things together and rapidly prototyping ideas.
- Product Minded and User Driven.
- You are audacious, resourceful and proactive. You dream big and drive to make those dreams become a reality.
- You’re adept at conveying complex ideas in simple terms to personas from all levels – from technical engineers to executives
- Have experience in cloud computing, application security or developer tooling.
- Proven presentation skills and client-facing experience, including the ability to document and explain technical information in a concise, understandable manner
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and desire to work in a high paced startup environment